Wednesday 2 October 2013

Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie


Servings: 4 Smoothies    
Serving Size: About 1 1/2 cup
WW Points+: 2    Calories: 102   Total Fat: 0.2 g

I was at the grocery store and saw that the frozen fruit was on sale and I knew I wanted to make smoothies! So, I bought a few bags of strawberries, mixed berries, and mangoes. Then I grabbed a few fresh bananas and some fat-free vanilla Greek Yogurt. I made a batch of Strawberry Banana Smoothies but stopped there because I was pretty sure my old blender couldn't handle any more ice crushing (the burning smell gave it away). I'll definitely be making more this weekend though!

This smoothie is sweet and has lots of flavor. I add a splash of lime juice to bring out the flavors of the fruit. It is quick and easy to make and great to sip on a warm day!

               


Ingredients:
  • 8 oz (1 cup) Chobani Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • 1 medium Banana
  • 1 cup Strawberries (I used frozen but you can certainly use fresh).
  • 1 tsp Lime Juice
  • 1 tbsp Agave Nectar or Honey (the nutrition facts are nearly the same)
  • 2 cups Ice

Chop up banana and let strawberries thaw for a few minutes. 


Add ice, Strawberries, Banana slices, Greek Yogurt, Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar to a blender. 



Blend until smooth. If you have an old blender (or just a crappy one) like me, you may need to stop it and stir everything around with a spoon just to break up the ice chunks. 


Pour into glasses, garnish with fruit, and serve with a straw!


Enjoy!


http://www.wickedyummy.com/2012/03/strawberry-banana-yogurt-smoothie.html